The Trust directs more than 80% of its funding towards arts activity in Wales.
- The majority of grants will be in the range of £5,000 to £20,000.
- Larger grants are generally only awarded to organisations where a funding relationship with the Trust has been developed over several years.
- Larger grants are more likely to be offered to fund activities that deliver strategic initiatives, and that would be unlikely to occur without the assistance of the Trust.
- Larger grants are generally limited to organisations delivering high quality artistic activity in Wales.
- An organisation wishing to discuss making an application for a larger grant (£20,000 plus) should contact the Trust prior to making an application.
- Use the Grant Application Form when making an application to the Trust. Please limit your application to 4 pages, using point size no smaller than 10.
- Generally, you should allow a minimum of 4 months between an application deadline, and the onset of any activity for which funding is requested.
- The completed grant application, and budget should be emailed to the Trust, email@example.com .
- Only one other item of supporting information should be included with the application.
- Do not include any images within the body of the application form. Should further information be required, it
will be requested once the application has had an initial assessment.
- Financial information related to the project should ideally be limited to 1 X A4 page and include a full project
budget showing anticipated Income and Expenditure. The budget should balance.
- If expenditure includes items already covered by other funding sources, including any items covered by any
statutory funding, this should be clearly marked.
- The completed application should be received by the Trust no later than 30 September, for consideration at
the October/November meeting, or 31 March for consideration at the April/May meeting of trustees.
- A letter written on the headed notepaper of the organisation should accompany the application.
- Keep the applications concise (no more than 4 pages) avoid repetition and use bullet points rather than long
- Applications will be expected to include clearly defined objectives and specific measurable targets for the
- Organisations seeking further advice on making an application to the Trust should contact the Trust by email.
- Please note that the Trust office operates on a part- time basis.
- Applications will only be considered if the documents are presented in English.
- The Trust representative may contact the applicant to discuss the application or to request additional
information before presenting to the trustees.
- Grants are subject to agreement to the Trust’s standard Terms and Conditions.
Guidelines Updated 16/2/2023